Friday, August 15, 2008

Yeah

I was happy today even before I woke up. I had this really good feeling during the last minutes of my sleep and when my eyes opened, when they did, I knew this day would be great. After breakfast I curled up in the open kitchen window to absorb some D-vitamins and read Hässelby (it’s good, you should read it too).

Despite my bed recently turning in to a parody of a bed, and despite that the dust in my windowsill is creeping in like someone else’s depression, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m really happy with my life. I live with my best friends, and when I turn the lights on in the kitchen after having watched There Will Be Blood with them in the living room I see the brownies that we made (with extra pieces of chocolate inside) and I see the leftovers from dinner that we made together and I see the bottle of wine and I can’t think of anything that could have made me happier right then than this kitchen – messy, but it can stay like that, at least until tomorrow. Just this relaxed and immense feeling of my life being here with me.

No comments: