Tuesday, December 25, 2007

His son was killed in spiced herring

Christmas was nice. We ate a lot of food and laughed about all the things that happen when you mix Norwegian, Swedish and Danish too often. Like when my Swedish aunt read a Danish newspaper once, where it said: “His son was killed in crossfire in Iraq”. The Danish word for crossfire is krydsild, while she read the Swedish word kryddsild instead, which means spiced herring. Imagine that.

Afterwards we ate homemade sweets and opened presents. My grandmother gave me a moose sausage and my brother is building me a bookshelf because I have all my books in stacks around the room, like this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah froydis, jag missade jul med er
:( men vi ses val till sommaren hoppas jag. da TANKER jag inte jobba. ah jag kunde inte alls hora vad pappa sa nar han ringde pa julen, kan tanka mig att det maste latit kul. vi var pa vag till kyrkan nar han ringde:) hoppas allt ar bra med dig, hur gar det med konstskolan??? ja ar saa nyfiken, jag vill ocksa. chile ar bra. ag tycker om det och jag kan kommunicera med alla nu. och kanner folk. men jag kan alltid komma tillbaka. an ar jag ung:) manga kramar kara kusin