Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It is all very significant to me

I stayed up late last night and finished another chapter. I never thought I’d make it before the deadline and now I’ve got a couple of days left to work them over. I’m happy. As a treat I got up early today and went jogging in the woods. There is something immensely satisfying about running, running as fast as I can past fields where the frost glitter and flash like a frozen lake, running until every inch of me hurts and I’m about to throw up, almost stopping, almost, and then continue, continue, continue.

My fingers still numb, the creaking of magpies in the trees, the smell of newly cut wood. The green (so terribly green) moss sleeping on the ground. I jump in the puddles of ice. This is spring early in the morning.


Some polar bears:



No comments: