Monday, March 05, 2007

Picture books

I really enjoy writing picture books. It’s both easier and so much harder than I thought it would be. And there’s so much I can do with a story that I couldn’t have done in any other medium. After delivering the last one I’ve been thinking about writing more. It’s nice to have something small to write on when the novel thing is being difficult (like right now, I just can’t get those polar bears to fit nicely in with the rest). So today I wrote another, and though I haven't done much on the novel I feel content.

I was still drunk when I woke up on Sunday. It was a cold and shaky feeling, and I figured out how to do the picture book I wrote today. It’s as good a way to figure out children’s stories as any other.

I think I want to bake bread today, I haven’t done that for a long time. And I found a recipe for Masala Chai. With lots of milk, mmm.

But for now, back to the polar bears.

No comments: